VA and LFCC Policies
Tuition Refund Exception Policy (Military Students)
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) policy statement providing for the tuition relief, refund, and reinstatement of students whose service in the uniformed services has required their sudden withdrawal or prolonged absence from their enrollment.
GI Bill Delayed Payment Policy
Effective August 1, 2019 and per Section 103 of Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 (section 3679 of title 38), students using Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 education benefits,
- cannot be denied right to attend course, if following documentation is provided
- provides COE (certificate of eligibility) prior to first day of term
- Submits written request to use such entitlement
- Provides additional information necessary to submit proper certificate of enrollment
- Will not receive penalty, including late fees, denial of access to classes, libraries or school facilities, or be required to borrow additional funds due to his or her financial obligations to LFCC as a result of delayed payments by VA for education assistance under Chapter 31 or 33. In other words, If Chapter 31 or 33 COE is provided by student by first day of class, LFCC will not impose a fine or penalty for enrollment if VA has not paid LFCC within 90 days of certification.
- Will not be denied access to any school resource available to any current student.
- LFCC may require tuition payment based on the difference due to LFCC less anticipated VA payment. This may apply to students who do not have 100% eligibility.