Program Outcomes for Practical Nursing Students
Upon completion of the Certificate in Practical Nursing Program at LFCC, the Graduate Nurse will:
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based, patient-centered nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings to diverse patient populations across the lifespan.
- Engage in critical thinking to make patient-centered care decisions.
- Participate in quality improvement processes to improve patient care.
- Participate in collaboration and teamwork with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and the patient’s support persons.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and patient care technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support the decision-making process.
- Assimilate management, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional nurse.
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate patient care.
5 Year Pass Rates for the Practical Nursing Program