AAS Admission Testing
If you receive a message when clicking to reserve a seat that says “You need permission”, please follow these steps in either Internet explorer or Firefox:
- Open two tabs, one with the link to the seat reservation form (this page) and another open to lfcc.edu
- Click “MYLFCC” on the second tab
- Log into your vccs account
- You should see a google drive button and a gmail button
- Click the gmail button
- In the upper right hand corner of your gmail, there will be a button with vccs and a circled initial
- Click this button
- Confirm that the account listed as your main google account is your email.vccs.edu account
- If it isn’t, select “add account”
- Leave the gmail open
- Click the button on this tab to reserve a seat
Students needing test accommodations are encouraged to read and follow the directions in the document below.
The Health Education Systems Inc. Admissions Assessment (HESI® A2) test is an online exam given to students interested in applying to LFCC’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and Certificate in Practical Nursing programs. This five-option multiple-choice test includes questions on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, critical thinking, and learning styles with a 4-hour maximum time limit. A calculator will be provided within the test program. Personal calculators may NOT be used for the test.
The learning styles component on the exam is not graded and is for teaching purposes only. This component on the test will allow students to identify weaknesses. They will not be utilized in determining admission into the nursing program.
The scores on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, and critical thinking will be taken into consideration for admission into the nursing program.
This test is available at the Middletown, Fauquier and Luray Page County campus locations and for LFCC nursing applicants only. Initial testing will be done during the months of October, 2018 through February 28, 2019. Retakes will run concurrent to initial testing beginning in January 2019. Please register early as seating is limited at each testing location.
Only students that are applying for the Practical Nursing program or students applying for the Associates of Applied Sciences degree program that are not currently licensed practical nurses may sit for the HESI® A2. Students who are already licensed in practical nursing must take the HESI advanced placement exam in the summer of 2019.
Before paying for and reserving a test date:
- Ensure that all LFCC Nursing admissions requirements are completed prior to the Nursing application submission deadline for either the Associate Degree in Nursing or the Certificate in Practical Nursing.
- Register for a one-time HESI Assessment–Student Access Account and make an exam payment.
$51 (subject to change)
LFCC nursing applicants are allowed one (1) retake after a 7-day waiting period after their initial exam. There will be an additional $51 fee for students taking a retake. Retake testing will begin in January. Registration and testing information will be posted in early December.