Student Learning Outcomes and Role Specific Graduate Competencies:
Students who complete the Associate Degree of Applied Science with a major in Nursing will be expected to:
- Provide client centered care promoting therapeutic relationships, caring behaviors, and self-determination across the lifespan for diverse populations.
- Practice safe nursing care that minimizes risk of harm across systems and client populations.
- Demonstrate nursing judgment through the use of clinical reasoning, the nursing process, and evidence-based practice in the provision of safe, quality care.
- Practice professional behaviors that encompass the legal/ethical framework while incorporating self-reflection, leadership and a commitment to recognize the value of life-long learning.
- Manage client care through quality improvement processes, information technology, and fiscal responsibility to meet client needs and support organizational outcomes.
- Demonstrate principles of collaborative practice within the nursing and healthcare teams fostering mutual respect and shared decision-making to achieve stated outcomes of care.
Percentage Passing NCLEX-RN
ELA: The program’s most recent annual licensure examination pass rate will be at least 80% for all first-time test takers during the same 12-month period, aggregated for the program.
|Year||Pass Rate||Virginia pass rate|
|Three-year aggregate 82%|
Program completion rates
Students who complete the program within 150% of the program length.
|Year of fall admission||Overall program|