LFCC’s Instructional Technology Office (ITO) is available to assist in resolving technical problems related to LFCC Blackboard courses and other instructional technology.
If you are having technical problems related to Blackboard, Canvas, Student Gmail, or SIS, contact the Instructional Technology Office by submitting a Student Tech Help Request or calling 540-869-0648. Please be sure to include detailed information about your question/problem. If you are experiencing technical problems with a Blackboard course, please be sure to include the Course ID (for example: ENG.111.100M.SU18) and specific information about the problem so that we may attempt to resolve your problem quickly. Where is the ITO?
Click a heading below to expand the contents.
LFCC uses Blackboard Learn course management system (LMS) to facilitate online and hybrid courses and enhance face-to-face courses. Starting in Summer 2019, LFCC and all of Virginia Community Colleges will be using a new LMS, Canvas.
- Why don’t I see all my courses listed on Blackboard?
- Web Browser Compatibility Checker
- Send an Email to your instructor or classmates
- Submit a Blackboard Assignment [Video]
- How do I check if my Assignment was submitted?
- How to Take a Test Online [Video]
- Add Files, Images, Audio, and Video
- Using the Content Editor
- How to Use a Discussion Board
- Adjust Blackboard Notifications Settings [Video]
- View Grades on Blackboard [Video]
- Adding a Profile Photo to Blackboard
- Add an Image to Blackboard
- Use the Blackboard Student App
- Change the Banner Theme on Blackboard
- Hide Old Courses on Blackboard
- How to Quickly Jump from one Blackboard Course to Another
- Remove VCCS College Tabs on Blackboard
- Copy & Paste Text with Blackboard
- Group Blackboard Courses by Term
Direct link to student Gmail: http://mail.email.vccs.edu/. To log in, use MyLFCC username and password.
- Access VCCS Gmail Account
- Overview of the New Gmail
- Gmail Cheat Sheet
- Add VCCS Google mail, calendars, and contacts on iPhone or iPad
- Add VCCS Student Gmail Account to your Android Device
- Keep Track of Tasks in Gmail
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail
- Automatically Forward Gmail Messages to Another Account
- What is Google Drive?
- Google Drive Cheat Sheet
- How to Access Google Drive
- Back up & sync files with Google Drive
- Sharing Files and Folders on Google Drive
- Work on the Same File at the Same Time in Google Docs
- Google Docs Cheat Sheet
- Convert a Google Docs file to Microsoft Word
- Switching to Google Docs from Microsoft Word
Other Google Resources
Get help with web browsers, Microsoft Office 365, recording videos, taking screen shots, software discounts and other computing tips.
- Username or password issues with Blackboard and MyLFCC
- Reset MyLFCC Password (Blackboard & Gmail)
- How to Access the MyLFCC Portal
- Download Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) [Video]
- Save a Microsoft Word file as PDF
- Where Can I Download Antivirus Software for My Computer?
- Create a Video Screencast with Screencast-O-Matic
- How to Record a Video on macOS
- How to Record a Video on Windows 7
- How to Record a Video on Windows 10
- Add your own subtitles & closed captions to YouTube videos
- Apple Music and Spotify Music Streaming Services – Education Discount
- Free MailButler Professional for Apple Mail
- Browse the web in private on Google Chrome
- Clear Web Browser Cache and History [Video]
- Take a Screen Shot on Windows
- Take a Screen Shot on macOS
- Help! I just lost all my work on Blackboard!
- Read&Write Literacy Software
- iOS Access for All – Comprehensive eBook guide to accessibility on iPad and iPhone
- Learn Touch Typing for Free with TypingClub
- Download Firefox on macOS
- Download Firefox on Windows 8
- Download Google Chrome on Windows 10
- Download Google Chrome on Windows 8
- Download Google Chrome on macOS
- Translating Web Pages in Google Chrome
- Convert an Apple Pages file on a Mac to Microsoft Word
- Web Browser Plugins and Downloads
- What’s new in Windows 10?