LFCC’s Instructional Technology Office (ITO) is available to assist in resolving technical problems related to LFCC Canvas courses and other instructional technology.
If you are having technical problems related to Canvas, Student Gmail, or SIS, contact the Instructional Technology Office by submitting an ITO Help Request. Please be sure to include detailed information about your question/problem. If you are experiencing technical problems with a Canvas course, please be sure to include the course URL (for example: https://learn.vccs.edu/courses/1234567890) and specific information about the problem so that we may attempt to resolve your problem quickly. Where is the ITO?
Click a heading below to expand the contents.
Direct link to student Gmail: http://mail.email.vccs.edu/. To log in, use MyLFCC username and password.
- Access VCCS Gmail Account
- Overview of the New Gmail
- Gmail Cheat Sheet
- Add VCCS Google mail, calendars, and contacts on iPhone or iPad
- Add VCCS Student Gmail Account to your Android Device
- Keep Track of Tasks in Gmail
- Switching from Outlook to Gmail
- Automatically Forward Gmail Messages to Another Account
- What is Google Drive?
- Google Drive Cheat Sheet
- How to Access Google Drive
- Move USB Thumb Drive Files into Google Drive
- Back up & sync files with Google Drive
- Sharing Files and Folders on Google Drive
- Work on the Same File at the Same Time in Google Docs
- Google Docs Cheat Sheet
- Convert a Google Docs file to Microsoft Word
- Switching to Google Docs from Microsoft Word
Other Google Resources
Get help with web browsers, Microsoft Office 365, recording videos, taking screen shots, software discounts and other computing tips.
- Username or password issues with Canvas and MyLFCC
- Reset MyLFCC Password (Canvas & VCCS Gmail)
- How to Access the MyLFCC Portal
- Download Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) [Video]
- Save a Microsoft Word file as PDF
- Where Can I Download Antivirus Software for My Computer?
- Create a Video Screencast with Screencast-O-Matic
- How to Record a Video on macOS
- How to Record a Video on Windows 7
- How to Record a Video on Windows 10
- Add your own subtitles & closed captions to YouTube videos
- Apple Music and Spotify Music Streaming Services – Education Discount
- Headspace Mindfulness Meditation – Education Discount
- Free MailButler Professional for Apple Mail
- Browse the web in private on Google Chrome
- Clear Web Browser Cache and History [Video]
- Take a Screen Shot on Windows
- Take a Screen Shot on macOS
- Read&Write Literacy Software
- iOS Access for All – Comprehensive eBook guide to accessibility on iPad and iPhone
- Learn Touch Typing for Free with TypingClub
- Download Firefox on macOS
- Download Firefox on Windows 8
- Download Google Chrome on Windows 10
- Download Google Chrome on Windows 8
- Download Google Chrome on macOS
- Translating Web Pages in Google Chrome
- Convert an Apple Pages file on a Mac to Microsoft Word
- Web Browser Plugins and Downloads
- What’s new in Windows 10?
Apple User Guides
Below are the official user guides to Apple’s hardware products. They each require the free Apple Books app on iOS or macOS.