What is Dual Enrollment?
Dual Enrollment Top 10
- Allows students to take college courses while still in high school.
- Creates opportunities for continuous learning from high school to college.
- Provides a wider range of course options for high school students.
- Eliminates the need to take the same course in high school and college.
- Allows high school students to move towards their next academic goal without having to wait until high school graduation.
- Allows high school students to earn college credits that may apply toward graduation at Lord Fairfax Community College or another college or university.
- Shortens the time required for students to complete an undergraduate degree.
- Increase flexibility at a four-year school and may provide opportunities for semester-long internships, work-study experiences and/or double majors.
- May provide scholarship opportunities with four-year schools based on successful completion of college courses.
- Lowers the cost for a post-secondary education.