PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE TRANSFER AGREEMENT FOR THE SCHOOL YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING. EACH SCHOOL HAS A DIFFERENT SET OF REQUIREMENTS FOR TRANSFER AND GUARENTEED ADMISSION ACCECPTANCE.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRANSFER PROCESS:
Transfer College Credit to Four-Year Institutions:
- Four-year institutions are readily accepting community college credits.
- Students/parents are encouraged to contact the Admissions and Records Office at the four-year institution the student is interested in attending to verify policies and requirements. Contacts for most four-year schools may be found in LFCC’s Transfer Guide.
- Students are strongly encouraged to maintain a portfolio. Please reference the Documents/Coursework (page for instructions on how to complete your portfolio.
Articulation Agreements with Four-Year Institutions for students who are graduated:
- Lord Fairfax Community College has a number of agreements with four-year colleges and universities that provide significant benefits to LFCC students. These “Transfer Agreements” provide clear pathways to help achieve goals of earning a bachelor’s degree. Students are strongly encouraged to maintain a portfolio containing course syllabi and examples of completed work for each course.
- These agreements pave the way for a smooth transition from LFCC to a four-year college or university. They also help maximize the number of transfer credits from LFCC to four-year institutions, in some cases resulting in acceptance at the junior level at the four-year institution. A number of agreements also offer guaranteed acceptance as long as the students achieve the required grade point average (GPA) during studies at LFCC.
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE TRANSFER PROCESS:
- Go to: http://www.lfcc.edu/current-students/the-transfer-process/
- Visit or call the High School Outreach Office at (540) 868 – 7149.