Students must meet minimum Math and English admission requirements to dual enroll, regardless of the course taken.
- Students must apply to the college before taking placement tests.
- Most courses have additional prerequisite requirements that must be met before a student can enroll in a course.
- Appropriate SAT or ACT scores may be used to satisfy course prerequisites.
GENERAL TESTING INFORMATION:
- If a student does not have the required SAT or ACT test scores they will need to take a Virginia Placement Test (VPT) in Math and English.
- VPT ENGLISH– Requires a written essay and completion of a series of multiple choice questions. Students must write a well thought out essay, with multiple paragraphs, using proper spelling and grammar (100 words will not be enough content for a good score). For videos on what to expect:
- This final video is much longer (nearly 20 minutes).
- Multiple Choice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTl2lXBqE0Q
- VPT MATH – There are several, different, math placement tests. Students need to indicate what class they are looking to take to ensure they take the right math placement test.
- There is no fee for Virginia placement testing.
- Placement tests can be taken at your public high school or closest LFCC testing center.
- Students can only take the placement test twice in a 12 month period.
- We do not recommend taking both placement tests on the same day.
- Students must complete placement tests before they can register for courses, or have appropriate SAT’s or ACT’s waivers.
- Students should CLICK HERE and take a practice placement test before taking the actual test.
- Home school and private school students should contact the High School Outreach office at 540-868-7149.
PLACEMENT TESTING AT LFCC:
- Students must present a photo ID at time of testing (driver’s license, passport or high school photo ID).
- For testing center hours please click here or call:
- Middletown Campus: 540-868-7140 (or 800-906-5322, ext. 7140 toll free)
- Middletown Campus: (540) 868-7140
- Luray-Page County Center: (540) 843-0722
- Fauquier Campus: (540) 351-1575
PLACEMENT TESTING AT YOUR PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL:
- Public school students should contact their High School Guidance Counselor or Career Coach to schedule taking a placement test.