Documents / Coursework
CREATING A PORTFOLIO – DOCUMENTS TO KEEP:
- Students should create a portfolio (book, binder or folder with a collection of printed academic papers) that include the following items from each Dual Enrollment (DE) class they have taken:
- LFCC application.
- LFCC acceptance letter – LFCC does not provide a 2nd copy of this letter and you may need this when applying to four year schools.
- Class syllabus
- A syllabus is used to determine class equivalents at a four-year school. This is especially important for students going to school outside the state of Virginia.
- The course syllabus is a contract between the instructor and the students.
- A course syllabus typically contains: professor contact information, student learning outcomes, textbooks/materials/media required for the class, attendance and course requirements, assignments, grading and evaluation, academic honesty and disability accommodations policies, student code of conduct and course calendar.
- Students will be notified if their syllabus is revised.
- LFCC un-official transcript
- Samples of students own classwork. These items will be needed to determine placement.
- If you are a Dual Enrollment student you have a college transcript. You are required to submit your LFCC college transcript to any 4-yr school when applying for admission.
- Dual Enrollment (DE) classes are college classes (courses).
- College courses become part of your permanent college transcript.
- College courses are much harder than high school classes.
- Students must commit to the work and get a grade of C or above in order for the course(s) to transfer.
- Four-year schools look closely at the DE classes taken to determine if a student is ready for additional college.
- College course require participation in classroom discussions/activities and will count as part of the class grade.
- Students should pay close attention to the drop/withdraw dates and avoid grades of D or F on their college transcripts.
- Drop – class is no longer reflected on a student’s transcript and a full refund of payment is received. Must be done by the drop date deadline.
- Withdraw – class is reflected as a “W” on a student’s transcript and no refund is given. Please click here for the withdraw policy.