|FA Application Opens:||Friday, April 2, 2021|
|Registration Opens:||Thursday, April 8, 2021|
|FA Application Priority Processing Deadline:||Monday, April 26, 2021|
|Tuition Deadline:||Monday, May 18, 2021|
|*You may submit this application after that date, however, you must be prepared to pay your tuition, fees, and books from out of pocket funds.|
Summer Financial Aid is extremely limited, in order to determine your aid eligibility to be calculated, you must:
- Complete the 2020-21 FAFSA with LFCC’s School Code (008659) at www.fafsa.gov
- Submit all items on your To Do List in your Student Center, if any.
- Register for Summer 2021 courses.
- Complete the Summer 2021 Financial Aid Application Form online at the link below.
**Applications will not be processed if all items above are not complete**
Students must annually complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for all federal and state financial aid program, including the Federal Pell Grant and Federal Student Loans. Students who receive their first Pell Grant may receive Pell Grants for as many as 12 semesters of full-time enrollment (or the equivalent if enrolled part-time).
Annual Maximum Awards
Award year refers to the specific enrollment period. The normal award year at LFCC is the fall and spring semesters (currently the 2020-21 year). Award years begin July 1 and end June 30.
- For the 2020-21 award year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021), the maximum scheduled Pell Grant award is $6,345 for undergraduate students enrolled full-time (12 or more credits).
- The maximum amount can change each award year and depends on program funding. The amount you get, though, will depend not only on your financial need, but also on your costs to attend school, your status as a full-time or part-time student, and your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.
Summer Eligibility Limit and Disbursement
The 2021 summer session will be attached to the 2020-21 academic year. Students interested in receiving federal financial aid for summer must complete the 2020-21 FAFSA and the Summer Financial Aid Application above.
If you need a Federal student loan, information and the summer application for those will be available above.
The Financial Aid Office will begin accepting applications for aid for summer 2021 tuition and fee expenses on April 2, 2021 (you must be registered for your classes before we will accept the application). Your initial aid eligibility will be calculated based on your projected enrollment as noted on your summer application AND the information from your 2020-21 FAFSA.
If eligible, a student will be able to receive a portion of a Pell Grant award during the summer 2021 semester:
- For the Pell Grant Award, a student must
- Be Pell Grant eligible;
- Not have used 100% of their Pell Grant during the summer 2021(for Pell grants received that count towards your 2020-21 Pell grant total), fall 2020, and spring 2021 semesters
- Be enrolled at any enrollment status (full-time, 3/4 time, 1/2 time or less than 1/2 time);
- The amounts received will count toward the aggregate lifetime limit.
- If a student received 100% of the Pell Grant Award at their prior school(s), the student will not have any Pell eligibility for summer 2021 attendance. Transfer students wishing to receive financial aid while attending the summer semester must be degree seeking and cannot be attending only for the summer in order to transfer credits back to their home institution.
- Prior school disbursed $3,173 of a $6,345 Scheduled Award for fall semester and $1,587 for spring semester. Student has $1,586 to use for summer.
The Department of Education tracks student percentage used in the Common Origination and Disbursement System (COD) and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). As long as you have not reached 600% of Lifetime Eligibility, you may still have some Pell Grant eligibility remaining.
Please contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions.