Bookstore Financial Aid
Fall 2021 Financial Aid Bookstore Accounts
Open August 11 – September 17
If funds remain after tuition and fees are subtracted from your Financial Aid, an account will be created at the bookstore so books/supplies can be charged at the on-campus bookstore or their online store. There are specific charging dates each semester, see below for the current charging dates. If you need items after the specified dates, then you will need to pay for them out of pocket.
Important Message from the Bookstore:
The bookstore textbook rentals are due back on May 11. We have a few options for returning your books outlined below. Important: Please Do Not put books for the bookstore in the Library Drop Box at any campus.
- Return textbook rentals via mail. Simply, log in to your bookstore account on shoplordfairfax.com. Navigate to your Rental History and select the Return by Mail option. Be sure to include the packing list with your books, as it has the information needed to accurately check in the books to your account. More detailed instructions are attached to this email.
- Return in Person We are open to the public Monday – Wednesday 11am to 3pm. (Middletown only)
- Drop off with a check-in form (Middletown) You may drop off your books at our back shipping doors (E4) Monday through Friday between 10am and 5pm. Bookstore staff will be on campus to accept rental returns and fulfill online orders.
(Fauquier) If you are unable to return the books via mail and unable to drop off the books during the above times, please use the check-in forms on the cart, to the right, inside the main doors at Wolk Hall. Once we check in your books, you will receive email confirmation.
Click the below menus for Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
Login to your MyLFCC Account>> SIS>>Student Center>>Account Inquiry>>Click Yellow Bar
Calculating Amount Available:
Pending Financial Aid – Outstanding Charges & Deposits= Amount Available*
*If you do not have enough aid to use towards books, nothing will be available in the Bookstore.
You can also check it here: https://www.bkstr.com/lfccstore/myaccount/payments
Login to your MyLFCC Account>> SIS>>Student Center>> To Do List
Click LFCC Bookstore Authorization item, read through it, then click Submit.
*This is only completed once a year, so it is good for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, & Summer 2021.
- Go to lfcc.edu/fabooks. Review the specific charging dates for the semester and the FAQs, then click Order Now button.
- Click Find Courses>>Plug in class Schedule>>Select books>> Add to Bag.*If you have an issue with book availability, please contact the Bookstore at .
- Click Checkout>> Select Delivery Method>>Select Bookstore Charge Fin Aid/VA/Pathfinder/Etc>>Click Find Accounts
- Review Terms & Conditions then checkbox and click Pay With This. Then click Place Order or Proceed to Rental Agreement to finalize order.
There could be several reasons as to why your aid is not listed, these are the most common reasons:
- Not within the Bookstore Charging Dates—Be sure to check the dates posted at the top of lfcc.edu/fabooks. If accounts have closed for the semester, then any books and supplies must be paid for out of pocket. Any excess aid after applied to tuition will be issued as a refund to you later in the semester.
- Bookstore Authorization not complete—To complete it: Login to your MyLFCC Account>> SIS>>Student Center>> To Do List. Click the item, read through it, then click This is only completed once a year, so it is good for Fall 2020, Spring 2021, & Summer 2021.
- Items on To Do List—If documents still need to be provided to the Financial Aid Office, then aid will not be available in the Bookstore. Please submit them ASAP via your To Do List, email, or secure upload. Please Note: Books cannot be placed on hold while you wait for aid to be processed, if you need them right away, you will need to pay out of pocket. Any excess aid after applied to tuition will be issued as a refund to you later in the semester.
- No Excess Aid— If you do not have enough aid to use towards books, nothing will be available in the Bookstore. Login to your MyLFCC Account>> SIS>>Student Center>>Account Inquiry>>Click Yellow Bar Calculating Amount Available: Pending Financial Aid – Outstanding Charges & Deposits= Amount Available
If none of these reasons apply to you, please contact the Financial Aid Office so we an investigate the issue further.
- Recently Awarded: It takes 24 hours from the time your award is posted to when it will be available in the Bookstore.
- Enrollment Changes: Wait 24 hours before making purchases to prevent overcharging your account.
- Returns: You must return any books/supplies before dropping courses.