The college offers a variety of FREE Dental Services to those who qualify. Teeth are important. Personal appearance, chewing efficiency, and general health may be enhanced with healthy teeth and gums.
Let us help you keep your teeth for a lifetime!
If selected as a client, you may receive the following services:
- Oral Prophylaxis (teeth cleaning)
- Topical Fluoride Application
- Dental X-rays
- Oral hygiene education & Dietary Counseling
- Pit and Fissure Sealants
- Athletic Mouth Guards
These services are offered in a learning environment supervised by licensed instructors.
Students work more slowly than experienced dental hygienists. Students are often required to have clients return for additional appointments to complete the clinical treatment.
If your schedule does not allow you to return for additional appointments, you should NOT plan to use the Dental Hygiene Clinic.
Clients complete a medical and dental health history form prior to the first appointment. Referral to a physician may be necessary before treatment begins if there are any contraindications to dental services revealed through the medical and dental history.
Days and hours available for appointments vary each semester. Please call the clinic to check availability.
A limited number of children are accepted for treatment. Minors under the age of 18 must be registered by a parent or legal guardian. A health history and a release form must be signed.
Parents are NOT allowed to accompany children into the clinic treatment area unless they are also patients or are requested to do so by a dental hygiene instructor. Parents must remain in the reception area while their child is being treated.
For safety reasons, children may NOT accompany parents receiving treatment into the clinic area or be left unattended in the reception area.
We are here to provide you with the best care possible, and believe that you have the right to receive certain considerations from the college’s Dental Hygiene Department.
- You have the right to the most appropriate care the clinic can provide without regard to race, gender, national origin, color, religion, age or disability.
- You have the right to be treated kindly and respectfully by all personnel and students.
- You have the right to know which member of the health care team is directly responsible for your care.
- You have the right to ask the faculty and student questions, and to receive answers from them concerning your dental condition, treatment, plans for your care or need for a dental referral.
- You have the right to discuss any treatment or procedure planned for you with the faculty and student so that you may understand the purpose, probable results, alternatives and risks involved before giving or refusing permission for this care.
- You have the right to expect that all your communications and records concerning your care will be kept confidential in accordance with HIPPA.
- You have the right to receive information about other sources of care for your condition should your case be deemed too difficult or involved for the student.
- You have the right to discontinue participation in the treatment or activity at any time.
- You have the right to receive an estimate of the time and cost of your treatment.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment call 540-868-7062 or 1-800-906-5322 ext. 7062
Alson H. Smith Hall
Kathy Kanter Dental Hygiene Clinic
173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown, VA 22645-1745