Designed to prepare students as an entry-level Surgical Technologist. The program combines the use of surgical instruments, skills, and techniques with the theoretical knowledge required to perform as a Surgical Technologist in the operating room. The program will provide the foundation in didactic, laboratory and clinical instruction that will enable individuals to perform as competent entry-level Surgical Technologists. Upon successful completion of the program students are eligible to take the National Board of Surgical Technologists exam. Possible occupations for graduates include Certified Surgical Technologists in hospital operating rooms, ambulatory surgical care centers, eye centers, dental surgery centers, sterilization processing departments, endoscopy departments, organ procurement and surgical sales representatives. Graduates may continue their career pathway by becoming a Certified First Assistant, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse or a Surgeon.
- September 1st 1pm Middletown Room #SHP 121
- September 10th 10am Vint Hill Room #102
- September 22nd 7pm Zoom Link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/88695409975
- October 4th 1pm Vint Hill Room # 102
- October 11th 1 pm Zoom Link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/86760287220
- October 13th 7pm Zoom Link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/87143753942
- November 8th 9am Middletown Room #SHP 121
- November 12th 10am Vint Hill Room #102
- November 17th 7pm Zoom Link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/83690590193
- December 9th 9am Zoom Link: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/85369851628
In Demand G3 Program - $$ for Tuition and Fees
Explore Careers and Job Outlook
Academic Plan, Course List, and Program Information
Tuition and Funding Options
An estimated $15.2 million dollars in grants, loans, work-study and scholarships are awarded to Lord Fairfax Community College students each year. We are committed to using all available funds to help you gain access to a college education.
Payment plans are offered to break down tuition payments.
View all financial aid, payment options, and more HERE.
Success in Surgical Technology
- Spotlight on LFCC Students: Student Success in Surgical Technology
- Student Success: Hollie Hurdle
- Student Success: Ashley Seabolt
Surgical Technology Application Packet
- Surgical Technology Application Packet
- Surgical Technology Q and A
- Surgical Technology Fees and Expenses
- ATI TEAS Testing Dates – Please email Ashley Seabolt at [email protected] with your preferred TEAS testing date and she will respond to you with the needed information.
Lord Fairfax Community College National Certification pass rate:
- 2014-2015: 92%
- 2015-2016: 83%
- 2016-2017: 92%
- 2017-2018: 88%
- 2018-2019: 85%
The program application with all required documentation must be completed and turned in to Carol Williams in Room 134 Science and Health Professions Building.
The surgical technology program is CAAHEP accredited.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
9355 – 113th St. N, #7709
Seminole, FL 33775
The US Department of Education under 34 CFR 668.412 (d) and (e), requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.” The information provided below is the best available to us. We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices:
Have a Question?
Do you have a specific question about this program or how to get started at LFCC? Please use the form below and a member of our staff will respond as soon as possible.
LFCC subscribes to EMSI and provides this link for general career information. Emsi’s products and services use data, reports, and forecasts which are generated using government data sources and proprietary analytical processes.