IDs/Lost and Found
Student ID Card
A student ID card is a student’s official Lord Fairfax Community College identification. Student activity fees cover the first card issued; however, there is a $20 charge for a replacement card.
Students can apply for an ID card with Campus Police and Security at either the Middletown Campus (540-868-7114) or the Fauquier Campus (540-351-1550).
The Middletown Campus will be processing student ID cards at the Security desk located near the Welcome Center entrance during the following days and times:
- Mondays: 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 3-4 p.m.
- Fridays: 11 a.m.–Noon
The Fauquier Campus will be processing student ID cards at the Security desk, Monday-Friday 11:00am-4:00pm.
All applicants must present
- Student ID#
- Copy of current class schedule
- Another form of Identification – Driver’s License, Passport, Military/Gov’t ID, or any two of the following (birth certificate, social security card, voter registration card)
All credit students are required to have an ID card.
Students should have only one valid ID card in their possession, and it should be the one most recently issued by the College.
Students cannot transfer their ID cards to another person.
If an ID card is stolen, students must file a theft report with Campus Police and apply for a new card.
If an ID card is damaged and unusable, return the damaged card to Campus Police and Security and apply for a new card.
Replacement ID cards will invalidate the old cards, which cannot be re-validated.
Students must return their ID cards if asked to do so by appropriate College staff.
College staff may ask you to return your ID card in the following situations:
- When there is an indication that an ID card is invalid. This ID card will be forwarded to Campus Police and Security and not returned to the student.
- At any event or location, when a student presents an ID card that does not match his or her appearance and cannot produce another form of picture identification to confirm his or her identity. Student disciplinary action may also be initiated in this situation.
The owner and/or the holder of an ID card may be subject to up to a $50 fine and/or disciplinary action for:
- lending a student ID card to anyone
- failing to present a student ID card when it is requested by a College official
- possessing more than one student ID
- attempting to use a student ID card that has been reported lost or stolen
Lost and Found
Campus Police and Security is responsible for all items turned into Lost and Found. All items turned into Lost and Found will be kept for 120 days. At that time, all unclaimed property will be disposed of according to established procedures.
Unclaimed textbooks will be resold to the Bookstore and monies will be donated to the LFCC Educational Foundation Inc. Textbooks that are outdated will be donated to charity.
Other unclaimed items will be disposed of by donation to nonprofit agencies including, but not limited to, the Lion’s Club, Children’s Center, Goodwill, and Salvation Army.
If you have lost or found an item, please see a member of the Campus Police and Security Department.