F1 Student Admission Requirements
- An Application for Admission must be submitted to LFCC.
- A F1 Student Application must be completed and submitted to LFCC. Please be sure to include your Permanent Foreign Address, your intended program of study at LFCC, and your e-mail address.
- Applicants must provide documentation that sufficient funds are or will be available from an identified and reliable financial source to defray all living and school expenses during the entire period of anticipated study in the U.S. Applicants must document that they have enough readily available funds to meet all expenses for the first year of study and that adequate funds will be available for each subsequent year of study. In addition to completing the F-1 Financial Statement, such support should be documented by providing either:
- a completed and notarized USCIS Form I-134 (required if funds not available in an account in applicant’s name in the U.S.) or
- a notarized current checking or savings account statement in applicant’s name from a U.S. bank (with sufficient balance to cover expenses as outlined below).
|12,020.00||Tuition, 30 credits (calculated at the out-of-state rate)|
|11,103.00||Room and Board|
|1,600.00||Books and Supplies|
- A signed and dated letter outlining the applicant’s educational goals.
- Health Insurance – Applicant must present evidence of coverage for the anticipated period of enrollment. LFCC does not provide health insurance.
- TOEFL Scores – Applicant must submit an official score report, not more than two years old, with minimum scores of 500 (paper test), 173 (computer based), or 61 (Internet based). Ilet score of 5 is accepted.
- Placement Testing – Applicant must complete the CollegeBoard Accuplacer in the LFCC testing center before registering for courses (there is no fee required for the test). It is not recommended that international students take the Virginia Placement Test (VPT). For hours, please call 540-868-7140, Middletown Campus, or 540-351-1515, Fauquier Campus.
- New Student Registration – First-time students registering for classes are required to report to LFCC for a New Student Registration session. Please plan to spend 1-2 hours , meeting with an academic advisor and signing up for classes.
- Evidence of high school completion – Applicants must present the equivalent of an American high school diploma in its original form.
- Current visa (in-status) with a valid expiration date must be presented for copying.
Students transferring from another U.S. school must have the LFCC SEVIS F-1 Transfer form completed by the current college, an official transcript and a copy of the I-20 approving the student to attend the school. All forms must be mailed directly to the Counseling and Advising office at LFCC.