What is included
- A dedicated Great Expectations Coach on campus to serve as a point person to assist students, service providers, and their parents with accessing and successfully navigating the community college system. The GE Coach also provides resources for help with both academic and non-academic needs.
- Earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) for free! The CRC is a credential that measures and demonstrates essential workplace skills. This is helpful to show to an employer. Learn more about the CRC.
- Incentives for advising, attendance and good grades.
- A Lounge where GE students can relax in comfortable chairs, study or work on projects, use computers, and print for free. The lounge also has free snacks, lunch items, coffee and treats as well as a microwave and mini fridge for student use. The GE Student Lounge is located in Fairfax Hall, Room 606 on the Middletown Campus.
- Financial help through GE scholarships and access to emergency funds (subject to availability).
Click below to see what students say about being involved:
- Mike, at Danville Community College
- Tracey, at J. Sargent Reynolds Community College
- Morgan at New River Community College
More information about services available for youth previously in foster care:
- DSS Services for older youth including the ETV-Education and Training Voucher, VCCS scholarship and Independent Living.
The goal of Project Life is to coordinate and enhance the provision of independent living services to foster care youth who are about to transition out of foster care.