What is included
- A dedicated Great Expectations Coach on campus to serve as a point person to assist students, service providers, and their parents with accessing and successfully navigating the community college system.
- Earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) for free! The CRC is a credential that measures and demonstrates essential workplace skills. This is helpful to show to an employer. Learn more about the CRC.
- Free tickets for group activities and LFCC community involvement.
- An Online Resource Center that provides a central clearinghouse of information for foster youth, their parents, social workers: www.GreatExpectations.vccs.edu [J2]
- A comfortable Resource Room for students to relax in the lounge chair or enjoy a snack between classes or to use the computers. Parents and case workers may also use this room to hold small groups or to meet individually. The Resource Room is located in The Lodge Room 330, Middletown Campus.
Click below to see what students say about being involved:
- Mike, at Danville Community College
- Tracey, at J. Sargent Reynolds Community College
- Morgan at New River Community College
More information about services available for youth previously in foster care:
- DSS Services for older youthincluding the ETV-Education and Training Voucher, VCCS scholarship and Independent Living.
The goal of Project Life is to coordinate and enhance the provision of independent living services to foster care youth who are about to transition out of foster care.