What does the Great Expectations Program offer?
- Assistance with new student enrollment process
- One-on-one academic advising, career exploration, transfer advising and wrap-around support
- Assistance with accessing financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- Access to college support services and resources
- Student lounge with computers, internet access, free printing, study tables and free snacks
- Performance based incentives
Click below to see what students say about being involved:
- Mike at Danville Community College
- Tracey at J. Sargent Reynolds Community College
- Morgan at New River Community College
More information about services available for youth previously in foster care:
- DSS Services for older youth including the ETV-Education and Training Voucher, VCCS scholarship and Independent Living.
The goal of Project Life is to coordinate and enhance the provision of independent living services to foster care youth who are about to transition out of foster care.