Ready to Graduate?
The graduation checklist below is provided as a guideline for students that are nearing completion of their program requirements. It is the responsibility of the student to know and fulfill all graduation requirements.
To receive an associate degree, certificate, or career studies certificate from the College, students must:
- Apply to Graduate. Students must officially apply for graduation online through your Student Information System account.
To access the online Graduation Application:
- Login to MyLFCC
- Click the VCCS SIS: Student Information System link.
- Click Student Center
- Click Apply for Graduation.
- Note: Your name will be printed on your diploma as it appears on the application. If you want to make any changes to your name after you submit your application, please notify the Records Office.
- Fulfill all the course and credit hour requirements as specified by the appropriate College catalog.
- Be currently active in the program on your graduation application. Your application will not be processed if you are not in a program.
- Complete a minimum of 25% of the total credit hours required in the curriculum at LFCC.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Resolve all financial obligations to the College and return all library books.
- Student Loan Borrowers: Complete Loan Exit Counseling requirements with the Financial Aid Office.
- Notify the Admissions and Records Office if you are completing any final coursework at another institution and complete the Credit for Prior Learning Evaluation Form. Remember to have copies of your official transcript containing final grades for any outstanding coursework sent to the LFCC Admissions and Records Office.
- Monitor your student e-mail account for information regarding Commencement Ceremonies, Commencement Photos and important information for students, guests, and visitors.