Facilities and Labs
- The Middletown Campus science department is housed in the Science and Health Professions Building (SHP) on the main campus at Middletown, Virginia.
- The Luray campus partners with local Page County High Schools to offer their lab space while the lecture portion of science classes are taught at the Luray-Page County Center in Luray, Virginia.
- The Fauquier campus is located in Warrenton Virginia and the science classes are taught on the lower level of the main building.
The Science and Health Professions Building on the Middletown Campus serves about 1500 LFCC students each week. The first floor has four lecture halls, nursing labs, surgical technology labs as well as nursing department offices. The second floor houses the science faculty offices, a large prep space for the lab coordinators and lab assistants. The three lecture rooms and eight modern science labs engender a hands-on learning atmosphere in a variety of subjects including biology, chemistry, microbiology, geology, physics, forensic science as well as science labs for the regional Governors school. Nature Photography classes and Natural History Field Biology courses are also taught here.
- General Biology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Science and Health Professions Building (SHP) Study Space
- Multiple tables are available for group or individual use. Computers are available for study purposes as well as a pay-by-the-page printer.