El Siglo De Oro – The Golden Age of Spain
The Golden Age of Spain is a wonderful rich educational experience. We will visit some of Spain’s major historical cities (including famous World Heritage Cities) and landmarks. You will be exposed not only to the Spanish language and culture, but to its fascinating history as well. Roman, Greek, Visigoth, Moorish, Phoenician, and Jewish influences are all part of Spain’s fascinating history and culture. You will be able to see and explore sights that until now you have only seen in print, video and dreamed about. You will see the artistic works of famous artists, such as Velázquez, Goya, El Greco, Dalí, and many others. You will be given the chance to immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture, leaving you with great memories of a country that played a major role not only in European history, but also a major historical role in the development of what would be known as the New World. Most importantly, you will soon become aware of how important it is to learn a foreign language, and become a member of the global world. Many Spaniards are bi and trilingual, so why not you?
Tour Company: ViajesNorma, Madrid, España
Tour Cost: $3,500.00 – This is a completely private customized nine-day tour. Cost should not go up unless we have less than 14 participants.
Airline/Hotels: To Be Announced
- Roundtrip airfare.
- Private Spanish/English speaking escort throughout the majority of the tour.
- Private tour guides at each major city stop.
- Private deluxe motor coach throughout the tour unless the group is very small, and then other transportation arrangements will be made.
- Accommodations at only three and four start hotels located near the city centers and historical sites. Room accommodations will be on a double basis. Participants will have the opportunity to choose their own roommates. Single rooms are available for an additional $650.00.
- Continental breakfast included each day.
- Three dinners. One in Granada and two in Madrid.
- Half day guided tours in Córdoba, Sevilla, Granada, Segovia, El Escorial, el Valle de los Caídos, Madrid, and The Prado Museum.
- Entrance fees to most Cathedrals, the Alhambra, authentic gypsy flamenco show in Granada, and the Prado Museum in Madrid.
- Gratuities for tour guides, and coach driver. *** Gratuity for tour leader is not included and the required amount is 100 Euros per person payable in advance. Travel Insurance with Travel Guard. *** Cost covered will up to $195.00 per person, any amount over this must paid for by the participant.
Tour price does not include:
- Passport application fees.
- Telephone cards or long distance telephone charges made by participants at any hotel.
- Internet service charges.
- Any damage to hotel rooms incurred by participants.
- Public transportation charges such as local bus or metro fees.
- Emergency medical fees.
- Items purchased while on tour.
- Any optional tours participants may wish to take that are not included in the itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner.
- Any additional travel waivers purchased through Travel Guard.
- Spending allowance to be determined by each individual. Please remember to keep in mind the conversion rate when determining the amount you want to bring with you. The Spanish currency is the Euro.
Tour Itinerary *** Please remember that it is possible that changes may be made to the itinerary in the event of bad weather, or other issues beyond our control.
3 March 2016 – Depart Washington Dulles International Airport to Madrid, España.
4 March 2016 – Arrive in Madrid. Motor to Córdoba. Overnight in Córdoba. We will visit the beautiful La Mezquita and tour the Jewish Quarter (La Judería).
5 March 2016 – 6 March 2016 – Depart Córdoba for Sevilla. Two nights in beautiful Sevilla. Visit to the Catedral, El Alcazar, Plaza de España, Parque María Luisa, La Torre de Oro, the Jewish Quarter (La Judería), and a stroll along the Guadalquivir River.
7 March 2016 – 8 March 2016 – Depart Sevilla for Granada. On the way to Granada we will drive through the mountains of southern España and visit Ronda, a beautiful historical white pueblo in the mountains, which has one of the oldest bullrings in Spain.
In Granada we will visit the famous Alhambra, the Generalife, and the Albaicín (old Arabic quarter). We will also have the opportunity to visit La Capilla Real where Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand are entombed (entrance fees to be paid by participants) We will also enjoy an authentic gypsy flamenco show, as well as a very special dinner in a beautiful location.
8 March 2016- 13 March 2016 – Madrid. Five nights in the beautiful city of Madrid. On the way to Madrid we will stop in Consuegra and visit the famous windmills of Don Quixote de la Mancha. While in Madrid, we will make two day and half day excursions. We will visit beautiful Segovia, famous for its Roman aqueducts and the Alcázar the royal palace. Later in the day, we will visit el Valle de los Caídos and El Escorial. We will also have a walking tour of old Madrid and visit the Prado Museum. Saturday will be a free day in Madrid.
13 March 2016 – Depart Madrid, España to Washington Dulles International Airport.
*** All participants must have medical insurance.
30 October 2015 – A nonrefundable deposit of $500.00 must be made to confirm participation in the program. This deposit will be applied to the total cost of the program.
Three remaining payments of $1,000 must be made on the following dates:
- 31 December 2015
- 29 January 2016
- 29 February 2016
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]. I would highly encourage everyone to go online and see the beautiful places we will be visiting.