Information Systems Technology, Cyber Security, and Computer Science
The world revolves around technology. Learn how to use it to your advantage to obtain a well-paying job and join the ranks of information technology (IT) professionals around the world who manage the electronic infrastructure of business, industry and government.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer-related jobs in general are projected to continue to be in demand through 2026. Some of the occupations that are projected to increase are information security analysts (28% increase), software developers (30% increase), web developers (15% increase), and computer user support specialists (11%) among several other specialized areas within the Information Technology, Cybersecurity, and Computer Science disciplines.
(Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics; last modified date: January 30, 2018)
Lord Fairfax Community College’s (LFCC) Information Systems Technology (IST), Cybersecurity, and Computer Science Programs offer an associate degree and multiple certificate programs that:
- prepare students for the workforce and industry-standard certifications
- allow for a well-rounded IT education as well as the ability to focus on industry specializations
- train IT professionals for new and evolving technology-related positions
Explore Our Programs
- Information Systems Technology Overview
- Information Systems Technology Degree
- Computer Science Specialization – A.S.
It’s your future and it’s our focus! Let LFCC help you prepare for a career or update your skills to be successful in the IT field.
IST program development at LFCC has been supported in part by funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF).