The Middletown and Fauquier campuses of Lord Fairfax Community College provide academic support services absolutely FREE to current LFCC students.
In response to the current public health concerns related to the spread of COVID19, campus tutors will be offering virtual tutoring via ZOOM – an online audio and video meeting platform available to all LFCC students – instead of meeting face-to-face, in keeping with the social distancing protocols recommended by the CDC.
Please see the individual Campus tabs from the left hand navigation for helpful directions on:
- making an appointment with a campus tutor through TutorMatch within Brainfuse
- accessing tutorials for using ZOOM to meet virtually with a campus tutor
- finding your tutor’s meeting URL which will place you directly into the ZOOM meeting at your scheduled time
Some benefits to tutoring:
- Understand lectures and reading material
- Prepare you for tests
- Develop a learning style or good study habits
- Improve attitude toward the subject area
- Provide intensive practice for skills and knowledge
- Improve self-confidence
- In order to receive the best learning experience, you should come prepared with specific questions, your course syllabus, relevant books, and any additional materials needed.
For detailed information about the services and hours offered at each campus, please contact the individual tutoring centers.
Your instructor may be informed of your progress and utilization of the tutoring services. This information is confidential and will only be shared with your instructor.