Research, Analytics, and Data Systems
Research, Analytics, and Data Systems (RADS) is a dynamic department of talented individuals at Lord Fairfax Community College that focus on the student and institutional data at the college. Our team is comprised of programmer analysts, software developers, and those with vast amounts of knowledge related to business processes and support. In fact, more than one have previously owned their owned business. You might be surprised what we could help with… just ask.
Currently, RADS provides:
- Institutional Research (IR) to include SCHEV, IPEDS, and special requests by users like you. Many of the most recent documents and reporting are maintained here:
- Awards: https://lfcc.edu/about-lfcc/research-analytics-and-data-systems/awards/
- Enrollment (Credit & HS/DE): https://lfcc.edu/about-lfcc/research-analytics-and-data-systems/enrollment/
- Reporting (IPEDS): https://lfcc.edu/about-lfcc/research-analytics-and-data-systems/reporting/
- Don’t see what you want? No problem. Just ask using a RADS ticket. We love helping.
- We maintain Ad Astra/Platinum Analytics and Transfer VA
- Some surveys are issued, maintained, and compiled by RADS
- RADS is focused on user security and data integrity within SIS, HRMS, and other data systems at LFCC
- LFCC and department support is important
- All RADS team members focus on departments at LFCC that best fit their skill sets while backing up other team members in other departments
- RADS team members support and serve on committees and work groups to support the efforts of the college
- We support software that supports LFCC’s core values
- RADS team members support XAP, EAB, PAS, and we focused our college on the 9.2 SIS upgrade testing efforts
- LFCC’s custom & proprietary Enterprise Application System (Vision EAS)
- RADS has the only software developers on staff at LFCC and is responsible for collaborating with administrators, faculty, and staff to develop custom, focused, secure applications to address very specific needs, integrating resources and data, establish and promote efficient communications between departments and processes. Security is so tight in Vision EAS – Users can only see and interact with the resources they have been assigned.
- Some application modules already installed include:
- Research, Analytics, and Data Systems (RADS); Tickets, Knowledge Base, and more
- Business Office; Set Off Debt
- Electronic Signature Requests
- Document/Process Approval Requests
- Office of Academic and Student Affairs; End of Course Evaluation
- Human Resources; Transaction Sheets
- Plus, currently developing SACSCOC documentation and others
Still unsure what we do? We are happy to talk. Email [email protected] and request a Zoom meeting to discuss your questions.
If you have a request or issue that needs immediate attention, please submit it through the LFCC Vision EAS tile on the MyLFCC page or click on the tile below. We are no longer accepting these items through email. They will be handled accordingly from there, where you can submit messages & documents related to your ticket and view the status at any time. Need help accessing the Enterprise Application System (Vision EAS) view access instructions.