- FREE Self Defense Courses ~ LFCC offers R.A.D. Rape Aggression Defense classes several time a year for female students, staff, and community members. If you are interested in being added to the mailing list please fill out the form located at http://goo.gl/forms/Eu1f8OQoL8 . If you are a male student, staff, or community member interested in defense courses, please email [email protected]
- Student Preparedness Video – Knowing What To Do In Emergency Situations
- Cyberbulling information, tips, and resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Violence Prevention Resource Center
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse and Violence Prevention
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Governor’s Office for Substance Abuse Prevention – Administers Governor’s portion of Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Programs.
- Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, Education Section – The Education Section of the Virginia ABC is to promote responsible consumption and distribution by licensees of alcoholic beverages to those of age and zero tolerance for underage consumption through the use of prevention initiatives that focus on environment, educational and information dissemination strategies.
- Virginia Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services – The Office of Substance Abuse Services provides oversight and management for substance abuse treatment and prevention services delivered through the 40 community service boards.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles – Transportation Safety Services (TSS) Mission is to reduce crashes, injuries, fatalities and associated cost by identifying transportation safety issues and developing and implementing effective integrated programs and activities.
- Virginia Department of State Police, D.A.R.E. Unit – Information about drugs, with an emphasis on gateway drugs (marijuana, alcohol and tobacco).
- Action Alliance for Virginia’s Children and Youth – A multi-issue child advocacy organization. Its three priority areas are children’s mental health, the prevention of violence, and early care and education.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving, Virginia Office – Provides programs and materials aimed at increasing awareness of the dangers of drinking and impaired driving and preventing underage drinking.
- October Center for the Study and Prevention of Youth Violence – Promotes culturally sensitive strategies that effectively interrupt the cycle of violence, contribute to healing and create safe environments where youth and families can grow and thrive, free of violence.
- Virginia Center for Injury and Violence Prevention – Focuses on four areas of intentional injury prevention: youth violence, youth suicide, sexual violence and intimate partner violence.
- Virginia Center for School Safety – A comprehensive resource center for information and research about school safety in the Commonwealth
- Virginia Youth Violence Project, University of Virginia – Conducts and disseminates research on the understanding and reduction of violent behavior, and provide education, consultation, and training for educators, psychologists and other colleagues in the social, legal and human services professions.
- Recognizing & Responding to Students in Distress – A Faculty Handbook, E-Book version