For Immediate Release:
October 15, 2018
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Specialist
All college-bound students and their parents are invited to LFCC on Saturday, Oct. 20 for the annual Super FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Day. It is from 9 a.m. to noon.
Super FAFSA Day is designed to educate students and parents about the financial aid process, as well as assist in filling out the 2019-2020 academic year form. It is free and open to the public.
Please bring the following items with you on Saturday:
- Your and a parent’s FSA ID, if you are a dependent student. Register as soon as possible for the FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license (if any)
- Your 2017 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2017 Federal Income Tax Return – IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telefile, foreign tax return or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia
- Your parent’s 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- Your family’s 2017 untaxed income records (Social Security, temporary assistance to needy families, welfare, food stamps, child support, or veterans benefits records)
- Your family’s current bank statements
- Your family’s current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
For more information about Super FAFSA Day or the financial aid process at Lord Fairfax, contact Karen Goulbourne at email@example.com, or (540) 868-7153.
Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College is a multi-campus public institution of higher education. With four locations — Middletown, Warrenton, Luray-Page County and most recently, Vint Hill— the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and northern Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester. LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 9,000 unduplicated credit students and more than 11,000 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually.
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College. Lord Fairfax Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. LFCC also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.