Each year, LFCC participates in the Habitat for Humanity Collegiate Challenge. This Alternative Spring Break has taken us from Florida to New York to South Carolina. We have experienced everything from building the exterior walls to painting to demolition. It is an awesome experience and very humbling when you get to meet the families who will be living in the homes you are working on!
What is the Collegiate Challenge?
Here’s how you participate
- Gather a group of five or more participants.
- Everyone must be 16 years of age and older.
- Pick a local Habitat and work week from our site lists.
You will have the chance to:
- Improve your skills.
- Connect with new people in a new place.
- Put your faith into action.
- Make a difference in Habitat for Humanity’s work of eliminating substandard housing.
You can learn more about Habitat for Humanity Collegiate Challenge at http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms/collegiate-challenge.
Be on the lookout for information regarding our Alternative Spring
Break trips which we start promoting towards the beginning of the Spring semester each year! Contact [email protected] for more info.