For Immediate Release:
January 7, 2015
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Specialist
On December 30, 2014 Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) launched its new website. The site has been given a fresh design and re-developed completely to provide a more modern and friendly user experience to students, employees and all college community members.
The website’s new features include:
- Fresh new design – a new design while retaining the familiar structure of the old website
- Robust, drop-down navigation menu – quickly access secondary pages without leaving the homepage
- New events calendar – similar to the calendar feature found on the LFCC Focus, a month-to-month listing of upcoming events at the college
- New promotional areas – a new rotating promo slideshow on the homepage along with several promotional blocks to feature important announcements at LFCC
- More accurate search results – quickly search for what you need to find on the website to avoid clicking through multiple pages
- Dedicated mobile theme – easily view and browse the website on your mobile device without the need to download a separate app
- WordPress backend – the redesigned website has been developed in WordPress which will allow designated college employees to make edits to their unit’s webpages. This will also allow for more upgrades and new features to be added to the website on a more frequent basis.
To find out more about the redesign, go to http://www.lfcc.edu/2014/12/30/special-announcements/introducing-the-new-lfcc-website/ or contact Aaron Riddle, LFCC’s Graphic Design and Digital Media Specialist.
Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College is a multi-campus public institution of higher education. With four locations — Middletown, Warrenton, Luray-Page County and most recently, Vint Hill— the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and northern Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester. LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 9,000 unduplicated credit students and more than 11,000 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually.
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College. Lord Fairfax Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. LFCC also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.