For Immediate Release:
January 17, 2014
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Specialist
Do you need financial assistance in order to attend college? Join other college-bound students and their parents at Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) for Super Saturday. Offered for the ninth year in the Shenandoah Valley, Super Saturday is sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and hosted at LFCC’s Middletown Campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Super Saturday is designed to educate individuals about the financial aid process and assist with the completion of the 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Super Saturday will take place on February 8, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in room 140 in Fairfax Hall, located at 173 Skirmisher Lane in Middletown, VA. The event is free and open to the public.
Individuals interested in completing the FAFSA form online with the assistance of financial aid professionals must bring the following items:
· Your and a parent’s U.S. Department of Education personal identification number (PIN), if you are a dependent student. Register as soon as possible for the PIN at http://www.pin.ed.gov. In addition, if you already have a PIN, you may need to activate it even if you have used it in the past. To activate your PIN, go to http://www.pin.ed.gov and select the “Activate My PIN” link. This only needs to be done once and is additional security against identity theft.
· Your Social Security number
· Your driver’s license (if any)
· Your 2013 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
· Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2013 Federal Income Tax Return – IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telefile, foreign tax return or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia
· Your parent’s 2013 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
· Your family’s 2013 untaxed income records (Social Security, temporary assistance to needy families, welfare, food stamps, child support, or veterans benefits records)
· Your family’s current bank statements
· Your family’s current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
· Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
Monetary assistance is available to help pay for a college education. During the 2012-13 academic year, LFCC awarded in excess of $13.6 million dollars in grants, loans, work-study and scholarships to more than 4,000 students.
For more information about Super Saturday or the financial aid process at LFCC, contact Karen Goulbourne at [email protected] or 540-868-7153.
Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College is a multi-campus public institution of higher education. With four locations — Middletown, Warrenton, Luray-Page County and most recently, Vint Hill— the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and northern Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester. LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 9,000 unduplicated credit students and more than 11,000 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually.
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College. Lord Fairfax Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. LFCC also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.