For Immediate Release:
April 29, 2008
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Specialist
MIDDLETOWN and WARRENTON, Va. – Are you looking for a new career? Are you seeking to upgrade your skills? Are you looking for a place where you can grow and learn? Visit Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) and enroll for summer or fall 2008 classes. Summer classes begin on May 23, 2008, and fall classes begin on Aug. 23, 2008.
LFCC is holding its summer 2008 semester registration during the following time periods:
- On-campus registration: now through May 7 and May 12 through 26
- Web registration: now through May 7 and May 12 through 26
LFCC is holding its fall 2008 semester registration during the following time periods:
- On-campus registration: now through Aug. 22
- Web registration: now through Aug. 22
Individuals interested in attending LFCC must first complete and submit a free application for admission to the College. For faster service, an online application is available at https://lfcc.edu/apply. Once the application has been submitted, prospective students should print a copy as confirmation of their acceptance to LFCC. It is also important that students record their student identification (ID) number. This number is the key to their student records.
Prospective students may also complete a paper application, which is available in the Admissions and Records Office at either the Fauquier or Middletown Campuses or at the front desk at the Luray-Page County Center. A paper application requires several days for processing. Afterwards, students will receive a letter of admission and their student ID number in the mail.
Before new students can register for classes, they must attend a new student orientation session. Due to the nature of the orientation process, students must reserve a spot and attend the entire session in order to register for classes. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Space is limited for each session, so students should reserve a spot as soon as possible by visiting http://www.lfcc.edu/NSO/reg.asp.
New students who do not attend a new student orientation session will not be permitted to register for classes. Dates for the orientation sessions follow:
- Tuesday, May 20 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. (summer and fall registration)
- Wednesday, June 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (fall registration)
- Wednesday, June 18 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. (fall registration)
- Thursday, June 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (fall registration)
- Thursday, May 15 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. (summer and fall registration)
- Monday, May 19 from 6 to 10 p.m. (summer and fall registration)
- Wednesday, June 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (fall registration)
- Monday, June 16 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. (fall registration)
- Monday, June 16 from 6 to 10 p.m. (fall registration)
- Tuesday, June 17 from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. (fall registration)
- Friday, June 20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (fall registration)
Luray-Page County Center
- Tuesday, May 13 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (summer and fall registration)
- Thursday, July 10 from 6 to 10 p.m. (fall registration)
The printed schedule of classes is available at LFCC’s Fauquier and Middletown Campuses and the Luray-Page County Center as well as online at http://www.lfcc.edu/Academics. The schedule is also available at the following public libraries:
- Basye-Orkney Springs Community Library, Basye
- Bealeton Branch Library, Bealeton
- Clarke County Library, Berryville
- Fauquier County Public Library, Warrenton
- Fort Valley Community Library, Fort Valley
- Handley Regional Library, Winchester
- John Marshall Branch Library, Marshall
- Mary Jane and James L. Bowman Library, Stephens City
- Mount Jackson Community Library, Mount Jackson
- New Market Area Library, New Market
- Page County Public Library, Luray
- Rappahannock County Library, Washington
- Samuels Public Library, Front Royal
- Shenandoah Community Library, Shenandoah
- Shenandoah County Library, Edinburg
- Strasburg Community Library, Strasburg
- William “Bill” Kibler Community Library, Stanley
Tuition for the summer 2008 semester for Virginia residents is $76.65 per credit hour, and tuition for out-of-state residents is $248.80 per credit hour, not including applicable fees. Tuition rates for the fall 2008 semester are subject to change.
For more information about the admissions process, individuals may contact the Office of Student Success at the Fauquier Campus at 540-351-1507 or the Middletown Campus at 540-868-7110. Individuals may also contact the Luray-Page County Center at 540-843-0722.
Founded in 1970, Lord Fairfax Community College is a multi-campus public institution of higher education. With four locations — Middletown, Warrenton, Luray-Page County and most recently, Vint Hill— the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and northern Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester. LFCC offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. LFCC also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. LFCC serves more than 9,000 unduplicated credit students and more than 11,000 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually.
Lord Fairfax Community College (LFCC) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lord Fairfax Community College. Lord Fairfax Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. LFCC also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.