We have some spooktacular events for you! Don’t miss out on the festivities happening this week on the Middletown Campus!
- Pumpkin Painting: Oct. 22 at 2 p.m. in the Student Union lounge. Pumpkins and paint provided.
- Halloween Movie Night Double Feature: Hocus Pocus at 5:30 p.m. followed by Beetlejuice at 7:15 in the Corron Building. FREE popcorn. Bring your family and friends. Don’t forget a lawn chair, pillows, or blankets for this indoor “movie on the lawn.” Even pack a picnic dinner!
- Kid’s Halloween Party: 6-8 p.m. in the Corron Building. Bring your kids and enjoy a costume parade, crafts, candy, refreshments, and more!
- Costume Contest: Oct. 29 Come by the Student Life Office in the Student Union to have your costume entered into the contest from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
We are shooting new footage for our Student Life NEW STUDENT VIDEO that every new student views when they come to LFCC! We are looking for extras as well as starring, speaking roles.
Here’s the filming schedule: Wed., Oct. 22 from 2-4pm @ Middletown and Thurs., Oct. 23 from 1-3pm @ Fauquier.
If you’re interested, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-351-1567. We need all the help we can get to make our video the best we can!!! You can complete a Google Sign up here.
The LFCC Dinner Theatre presents a night of comedy featuring Check Please and The 9 Worst Break Ups of All Time. Watch two shows for the price of one! The Dinner and a Show is Saturday, November 8th. Dinner begins at 6 p.m. in the Corron Building followed by the show at 7 p.m. in the McCoy Theatre. Enjoy a delicious meal catered by Castiglia’s Italian Eatery. Reserve your tickets online at www.lfcc.edu/dinner. Tickets are only $25 ($5 for children 12 and under). Tickets may be paid for/picked up at the door.
The shows are also being performed at 2 p.m. on Sunday, November 9th. Tickets are only $5 and can be purchased at the door.
Have you downloaded the new LFCC mobile app?
It is a useful tools and provides a lot of helpful information that you can have available at your fingertip. If you go to the App Store to download the app on your iPad or iPhone, type LFCC Mobile in the search box and be sure to choose iPad or iPhone only. You can also use this app on Android. Go to the LFCC homepage for further instructions.
The app includes a suite of modules that allows you to access information to many important LFCC portals. The app’s modules include the following:
- Courses: Browse the entire course catalog
- News: Read the latest news and find out what is happening on our campuses
- Library: Search the library catalog, view the availability of many different items, access live chat and engage other research tools
- SIS: Access the Student Information System (SIS/HR)
- Twitter: View LFCC’s latest tweets
- Facebook: Connect with LFCC on Facebook
- Videos: Browse LFCC’s YouTube stream
- Emergency: Access important emergency contacts
- Maps: Find anything on campus using a search-driven map interface
- Blackboard: Collaborate with professors and other students in assigned classes
- Events: Enjoy a calendar-driven view of various events on campus
Your one step ahead of the game with the new LFCC mobile app!
Add your comments to the month-long Living Wall on the FOCUS. Contribute your thoughts about the importance of celebrating diversity and what Hispanic Heritage Month means to you.
Leave your comments on the FOCUS and be a part of the Hispanic Heritage Month Living Wall.
At one of our largest events campus-wide, we host over 70 colleges and universities that are here to speak to you! Get a first-hand look at who will be there here: College Night program
College Night is hosted on Tuesday, September 30 from 6-8pm in Wolk Hall and the Barn.
Contact email@example.com with questions about the event.
Come explore your transfer options at College Day. Students are invited to take advantage of the opportunity to talk to representatives from OVER 50 COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES about programs and transfer options.
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 1st 11:30 AM—1 PM Carl and Emily Thompson Conference Center, and Marion P. Lewis Atrium in the Corron Community Development Center
1ST EVER ONLINE STUDENT ACTIVITIES OPPORTUNITY: Leave a comment with your ONE word that sums up why you love being an American or why you love living in America. Just ONE word please. Take some time to really think about what makes America so great for you and leave your ONE word in the comment area below…
Check out Cafe Gourmet daily specials listed on gourmetonthegova.com, where online ordering is available for Fairfax Hall delivery or pick up at SUB. Follow us on Facebook at gourmetonthego-virginia.
We are looking for some great volunteers to help with September events with the Fauquier Campus! Two awesome opportunities: help at the Fauquier Fall Harvest on September 13 or walk in the Heritage Day Parade on September 20.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help at either event.